Sunday, October 4, 2009

520 Bridge Song

Don't drive right up on my ass, please.
Where are you going to go?
We're on a two-lane bridge
and I'm driving as fast
as the cars around me.
There's nothing to do
but watch the moon,
(full cratered moon -
band of trees and houses
bank of smudgy clouds
giant pearl hanging over Bellevue
in a rusty rose sky)

and KING FM is playing piano
I think it's Bach.
Can't tell if I've heard this piece before
but the spaces in the melody
are whispering his name.

So breath, Mr.
We'll be across in a minute,
lanes will open up,
and you can go chase someone else.

1 comment:

About Me said...

And the chorus:

Don't make me tap my brakes, sir.
I'll give you a heart attack.
And as much fun as that sounds,
It'll mess up traffic for everyone.


Fabulous to see you today, btw. :)